What the hell is wrong with me?
Ya, that’s right, I’m really angry with myself. I know what I should be doing to lose weight. I know what works for me. But, will I do it? No.
I have every excuse in the book.
- My knee hurts.
- My back hurts.
- I don’t have a rowing machine at home (my favourite workout).
- I’m tired.
- I’m not hungry. (My issue isn’t overeating, it’s under-eating, with the wrong foods).
- What do you mean I can’t have 2 glasses of wine a night over the weekends?
- Have I mentioned, I’m tired?
- I forgot my thyroid meds again… No biggie, I’ll remember tomorrow.
- I don’t have enough time to search out breakfast… This high fat muffin will do. With a skinny mocha. Because, it’s not that many calories.
- Exercise? Can’t I just cut the calories some more?
- I hate Weight Watchers.
- I’ll do extreme dieting and lose the majority next month.
- Pizza for dinner? Why yes… It’s not like I’m eating a ton of it (even two pieces is too many for me, though… my diet is heavy carbs which make me gain like crazy.)
- I can’t commit to an eating plan right now because I have so many events that will throw me off next week.
Oh, hell. I can go on and ON. It’s stupid.
Stop the insanity, self. It’s time to get serious about this… and make a permanent, sustainable change. I know I can do it… I’ve done it so many times before. It’s not that hard to lose the 35 lbs to get to goal – it’s just very difficult to keep it off.
So, clearly, the way I maintained in the past wasn’t working. Doing the same thing again makes no sense. So, I’m going to commit to doing things differently this time. Because… NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING HEALTHY/THIN FEELS.
YOUR TURN: Do you struggle with weight loss, too? Have you done something in the past that works for you? Do tell!